Esteem Defense Krav Maga
Esteem Defense Krav Maga (EDKM) is a reality-based self-defense system that equips you with the tools needed to survive and thrive in dangerous situations. Learn Krav Maga techniques with Coach E and watch your confidence grow!
Method of Instruction
In our Krav Maga classes students will learn and practice foundational combative techniques, assault defenses, in addition to learning valuable lessons about situational awareness and prevention of attacks. We focus heavily of proper technique and conditioning.
Our 60-minute classes will have the following components:
- Warm-up, Stretch & Oiling Joints: Improves overall functionality and mitigates chance of physical injury
- “Combatives”: Learn how to strike with all parts of the body in an assertive, efficient, and effective manner
- Assault Defenses: Learn techniques to release assaults such as chokes, bearhugs, headlocks, wrist grabs, etc.
- Summation Drills: These drills will consist of stress, decision, and/or response drills to simulate real-world scenarios
Class Dates & Times
There will be two 60-minute Krav Maga classes per week at The Fieldhouse on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.
- EDKM Monthly Membership Cost: $100/month for access to all the offered Krav Maga classes in that month (approximately 6-8 classes).
- Drop-in Rates – $20/ class
- All students are required to sign 2 injury waivers; one for the Fieldhouse and for EDKM.
- Students have the option to sign photo/video release forms for the use of marketing on social media and other advertising platforms
Krav Maga Training Benefits
- Great high-intensity workout that equips you with practical self-defense skills to prevent, control, and defuse real-world threats.
- Can have a massive boost in your confidence and sharpen your decision-making skills
- Increase your strength, coordination, and stamina
- No prior martial arts or physical training experience is needed to become proficient in Krav Maga techniques.
- What is Krav Maga?
Krav Maga is a form of self-defense and physical training, first developed by Imi Lichtenfeld and used by the Israeli Defense Forces in the 1950s. It is based on the use of natural reflexive responses to threatening situations with techniques sourced from myriad of combat disciplines including western-style boxing, wrestling, aikido, judo. Muay Thai and karate. Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-world situations, its extreme efficiency and the ability to make effective decisions under intense stress.
Our EDKM Instructors:
Elliott Francis aka “Coach E”
Coach E has trained in western-style boxing for over 18 years including speed/agility drills, sparring, balance & weight training, and endurance conditioning; and most recently has been training extensively in reality-based Krav Maga for 8+ years. He became certified to teach Krav Maga fundamentals in 2015 and upgraded his certification in May 2019 through Krav Maga Global (KMG) under the expert direction of Eyal Yanilov. Coach E is currently teaching Krav Maga at C2 Fitness in Washington DC, Cub Run Recreation Center in Chantilly, VA, George Mason University in Fairfax, VA and now at the Fieldhouse in Chantilly, VA. Coach E teaches with a ton of enthusiasm, inspiration and attention to detail. He loves to coach all types of people including young children. He has coached his daughter’s basketball teams and son’s soccer teams for over 6 years through the Chantilly Youth Association (CYA). Coach E takes tremendous pleasure in seeing people reach and exceed their potential; and is dedicated to bringing out everyone’s individual warrior! Come train with us. The Esteem Defense Krav Maga system will equip you with the tools you need to survive and thrive in threatening situations!
Dwayne Hamblin aka “Coach D”
Coach D is a United States Army Veteran. He has trained in Muay Thai Kickboxing including speed/agility drills, sparring, balance & weight training, and endurance conditioning for over 6 years; and most recently has been training extensively in reality-based Krav Maga for 8+ years. Coach D became certified to teach Krav Maga fundamentals in 2015 and upgraded his certification a year later to teach more complex techniques. In May 2019 Coach D gained another certification through Krav Maga Global (KMG) under the expert direction of Eyal Yanilov. Coach D is responsible for designing the 52-week EDKM curriculum which takes into consideration real world situations, relevant crime statistics, and conditioning training. He is currently the Lead Krav Maga Instructor at C2 Fitness in Washington DC, and has assisted in designing training curriculums for the Krav Maga courses at Cub Run Recreation Center in Chantilly, VA and George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. Coach D teaches with enthusiasm, inspiration and attention to detail and takes tremendous pleasure in seeing people reach and exceed their potential. Come train with us. The Esteem Defense Krav Maga system will equip you with the tools you need to survive and thrive in threatening situations!